Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fleet Week

Last week the homies and I went to Fleet Week in the Marina. We grabbed some Little Lucca sandwiches and headed out to watch the Blue Angels. Unfortunately we missed the Snowbirds who are from Canada. They do tricks and things like the Blue Angels, but instead of six planes, they have 10! I know I sound like a dork getting all excited about airplanes, but there's a reason!

The Blue Angels to me are a memory of my childhood. Ever since I can remember, my dad has always been into airplanes. He even learned how to fly when he was younger. So I grew up watching planes. For some reason I always wanted to do things my dad did, so I was even considering joining the Airforce after high school. But because I didn't have 20/20 vision I knew I wouldn't be able to fly a fighter plane. Haha I took a crap load of pictures to show my dad since he couldn't make it down to the Marina. The night I showed him the pictures I told him we should get Blue Angels tattoos. Haha He also watched some of the videos and could name some of the tricks they did!

VOTE.












In San Francisco there are a bunch of random hearts scattered around the city with different designs on them. Like the one in my first picture that says "Vote". In the Marina there are a bunch of these globes. I didn't get a chance to look at all of them. But here's one of them!

No comments: