Sunday, November 16, 2008

Playlists

"Your brain thinks in words - Your soul thinks in music."-Music Truism No. 34

"There are at least a thousand things that words can't say but music can."-Music Truism No. 99

Do you have those playlists that you can always listen to? For example, I have my 'recent hype' for the most recent mainstream songs. My 'driving music' for when I'm cruisin' with the windows down and sunroof open. My 'hip hop' playlist consisting of artists like Hiero, Pharcyde and Common. And of course the 'emo' playlist for all those emotional moments.

I may not remember the name of a song all the time...or the artist, but music is a huge part of my life. It represents chapters in my life whether they're good, bad, happy or sad.
It's my excitement, motivation and especially my healer.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"the best thing about music is, that when it hits, it doesnt hurt."

i always always ALWAYS associate a time, a person, a place in my life with a song... its like an album for me cuz the beats always take me back......