Tuesday, November 4, 2008

History in The Making

Oprah cried...
Jesse Jackson cried...

of happiness.

CHANGE.
Yes we can!


After Obama's speech...
"If you're a conservative and angry, get over yourself!
It's about time we get past this."
-Fox Newscaster

Good one :)

So I actually made the first half of this posting last night right after Obama got elected. In Obama's speech, he talked about the lady that voted who was over 100 years old. He mentioned all the events that she has witnessed in her lifetime and then it made me think about our parents. If you think about it, our parents witnessed a lot too. Our parents didn't grow up with microwaves, computers or cell phones. Their TVs were still in black and white. My mom grew up working in a family owned laundry mat. And my dad grew up in a small city in Oregon. You have to drive on a dirt road to get there. Now look at their lives now. I must say, those baby boomers got to witness a lot in their lifetime.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know what was a trip.. i started writing my blog bout my lola before obama's speech.. and my draft was HELLA LONG.. saved it on my phone so i could listen to the speech and whaddaya know, he's talkin bout the same shit. like forreal. i was like WTF? IS OBAMA IN MY HEAD? lol. so i shortened it and made it a paragraph when i posted it the next day. bleh.

great minds do think alike. us and mr. president. woot

Elisa said...

I'm just a random follower of your blog... but I decided to tag you! Check out my blog for the rules. All I need is 6 random facts!