Saturday, March 29, 2008

RIP JD

This morning I got a message from my manager saying that another manager, named JD, got shot and killed last night...I couldn't believe it. JD was my assistant manager when I first started working for Verizon and was currently the store manager at the Daly City store. The crazy thing is, is that I was supposed to be at the same bar that JD was at. My friends reggae band was performing at Underdogs on 19th and Irving. JD was there with some Verizon coworkers and I guess after the bar was closing, they headed to the pizza place across the street. I'm not exactly sure how everything went down, but it ended up with the loss of two lives. Here's an article from SFGate.

Three dead in two S.F. shootings

Saturday, March 29, 2008

(03-29) 10:10 PDT SAN FRANCISCO - --

Three men were killed early Saturday morning in two separate shooting incidents in San Francisco.

San Francisco resident Derek Butch, 23, and Daly City resident Jason de la Cruz, 31, were fatally shot just before 2:30 a.m. at 19th and Irving streets in the Sunset District, according to San Francisco police.

Police said that both men were pronounced dead at the scene.

Meanwhile, one man was killed and another injured in a shooting in San Francisco's Excelsior District.

Police responded to reports of a shooting just before 2 a.m. at Excelsior Avenue and Athens Street. One man was pronounced dead at the scene and a second was taken to San Francisco General Hospital in critical condition, according to police.

The names of those two victims have not yet been released by the police.


If you have any information about this, let me know...please. It'd be greatly appreciated.

RIP JD...you'll be missed.

No comments: