Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bay to Breakers 08'

I've never done the Bay to Breakers before so when I heard Verizon was trying to set something up for employees to do it I decided it's a great time considering I usually work Sundays. We met up as "the network" wearing our red Verizon shirts and hard hats. The streets were crazy as you can see and this was just somewhere by the starting line!



Reg told me about the tortilla throwing in the beginning. I still don't understand why, but it was fun.



Storm Troopers





I thought the crayons were hella cute. Haha


Starting line.



I have never seen so many naked men in my life. Ehh...





The "Jesus Christ Loves You" guy is always downtown. His normal post is on Market next to the cable cars.


Hayes hill.






Once we started getting closer to Golden Gate Park I decided to actually run. By the forth mile mark I started running, stopped at the fifth and then started running again on the sixth mile mark to the finish line. I think my time was somewhere around 2 hours and 24 minutes. My manager did about 1 hour and 16 minutes. And the rest of my coworkers finished at about 3 hours. Maybe next year I'll try running it. Hmm...maybe not. Haha

No pictures from the finish line though. My coworker that was walking held onto my bag. But I ran into Darrell and Rocks! Thanks for the picture Rocks!

No comments: