Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Goodbye to 2008

For the last week I've been trying to figure out what to do for NYE and it made me realize that I wasn't too excited for the new year. Last year I got to celebrate it with my close girl friends at the SF Galleria and it had to be one of the best new years ever. But this year everyone's doing their own thing.

It wasn't until today that I realized I should be excited for the new year. My coworker, Johanna, kept saying how she had this feeling that 2009 was going to be a good year and I honestly don't think I've seen anyone that excited about a new year than she was today.

I have to say I've had a pretty exciting year; great opportunities, a new school, new apartment (even though it's only been a month since I moved out!), the cruise, and a lot of great memories with awesome people. But I also had some of the bad; a friend who was shot and killed (R.I.P JD), betrayal from a person I trusted. Life isn't always fair, but we live and we learn right? I've made new years resolutions in the past and to be honest I wasn't the best at following through with all of them. But I'm starting to feel like this year is going to be different. I'm not making any new resolutions, but I am keeping ones I have already made so I can keep striving for more.

So goodbye to the good, the bad, and the ugly. It's been a pleasure 2008.
A New Year. A New Beginning.
Stay Motivated.

No comments: