Thursday, August 21, 2008

Olympics: Beach Volleyball

For those of you that don't know me, I love volleyball. I played for awhile and so I was excited to watch the Olympics gold metal match for beach volleyball. Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor have to got be the best team around. My mom told me that when I was little, my sister got to play against Kerri Walsh in high school. From what my sister said Kerri Walsh was the 2nd best outside hitter in the nation during that time. Crazy.

Last night I watched the USA team (Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor) play China for the gold metal. Might I say...they played pretty damn good in the RAIN. Not only are they now two time gold medalists but have won the last 108 consecutive games.


Picture from the LA Times

Makes me miss playing for a team :(


Check out the video highlights here on NBCOlympics.com

No comments: